Pool Rules & Hours
It is very important that all residents follow the pool rules. They are in place for everyone’s safety. Pool hours are also listed.
GENERAL: These rules and policies have been adopted by the Association to insure the equitable use, enjoyment and safety of all Collington residents and invited guests using the pool. This is a family amenity. Please respect the privileges and safety of all by following the pool rules. Each person is responsible to abide by all the rules. Comments and complaints concerning the operation of the pool or the lifeguards should be directed to a member of the pool committee whose contact information is posted in the club house and on the website.
LIFEGUARDS: The lifeguards are present to supervise pool operations and insure the safety of all swimmers. They are responsible for the enforcement of all rules described herein and have the authority to dismiss anyone from the pool if their actions are judged to be hazardous or inappropriate in any manner. Failure to comply with such dismissal, until it can be addressed by a member of the pool committee and the lifeguard’s supervisors may justify a longer suspension, which will not be reduced, even if the original problem is resolved completely in the swimmer’s favor. Conversations with lifeguards should be kept to a minimum. LIFEGUARDS ARE NOT BABYSITTERS, nor are they expected to clean up after guests.
HOURS OF OPERATION: The pool will be open on Saturday, May 23, 2015, through Monday, September 7, 2015, during the following hours:
Monday*: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday*: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday*: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Thursday*: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Friday*: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Sunday*: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Holiday**: 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
* Public School Days: 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
** 4th of July and Memorial Day: 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
POOL RULES AND POLICIES:
- OBEY LIFEGUARDS AT ALL TIMES!
- The pool is the private property of the Association. Only Collington residents and invited guests may use this amenity.
- All residents are required to check in at the gate. Residents must be in the pool pass database or you will be turned away. This will be strictly enforced. If you are a new resident and need to be added to the pool pass database you will need to schedule a time with the pool committee by contacting them at: Pool@collingtonhoa.info Residents not in good standing with the HOA will be turned away at the gate and will not be allowed use of the pool until account is in good standing.
- Children under 11 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult (over 17 years old). Written authorization must be given to the lifeguard delegating responsibility to a specific individual on a specific day if the parent is not present.
- All children between the ages of 11 and 17 must pass a swim test if lifeguard request. This test will be provided by VSCM before they are allowed to attend pool without adult supervision.
- Guest are allowed to visit the Collington Pool as long as the Collington resident stays with them during the visit. A guest cannot be just dropped off at the pool for the day. Guest are required to leave with the resident when the leave for the day. The charge for Guest visits are as follows:
Monday-Thursday: $2 per guest
Friday-Sunday: $4 per guest
Holidays: $4 per guest
- Persons using the pool do so at their own risk. The Association is not responsible for any injury, nor is it responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property.
- Pets are not allowed.
- The lifeguards may close the pool at any time in consideration of the health and safety of the swimmers including the onset of inclement weather.
- Abusive or profane language or breach of peace will not be tolerated. And the lifeguards can make you leave the pool if such action occurs.
- No loud music will be played at pool. Only hand held music devices are allowed (e.g. MP3 player or smartphone). The pool radio will be set to family friendly station and should not be changed by any resident.
- Proper attire MUST be worn on the property at all times. No cut off shorts or street clothing in the pool.
- You may not enter the water with, open sores, poison ivy, or other infectious or contagious conditions.
- Running, pushing and rough play in any form is prohibited.
- No wagons are allowed in pool area, they must be kept on the pool check in station near the bike racks.
- No glassware or breakable plastic will be permitted in the pool area.
- Smoking while in the pool or its edges, the splash park, bathrooms, club house or the vending area is prohibited. Underage smoking is strictly prohibited.
- All persons are required to dispose of their trash in the proper receptacles. Also any food or trash dropped around the tables should also be picked up to prevent bee stings.
- Pool chairs are first come first serve. They are to be used for pool side sitting, not for storage. They are not to be put into the splash park features or taken off the pool deck.
- Only lifeguards and authorized personnel are allowed inside the filter room.
- Lifejackets, noodles, or kick boards may be allowed in the pool only at the lifeguard’s discretion and with their express permission. Water toys are permitted in the splash park. Water guns and tennis balls are prohibited in the pool.
- Flips from the side of the pool are prohibited. No Diving is allowed. No riding on shoulders. No playing on ladders.
- Children who CANNOT SWIM must be within arm’s reach of a parent or responsible adult despite the use of water wings or floaties.
- All diaper dependent guests must wear an approved swim diaper. Parents are asked to have their children use toilet facilities prior to entering the pool and to explain the sanitary importance thereof.
- In the case of solid fecal, loose stool, or vomit: the pool or splash park will be cleared of all swimmers, fecal matter will be removed as much as possible, the entire pool will be “shocked” with either liquid or granular chlorine, and the pool will remain close for at least two complete turnover. This process usually takes up to 2 hours.
- A parent or responsible adult must accompany a child under the age of seven (7) in the splash park at all times, as this area is NOT under the direct supervision of the lifeguards.
- There will be a ten (10) minute safety break called on an hourly basis at the discretion of the lifeguards. Children under the age of seventeen (17) will get out of the pool immediately and will not reenter until given permission by the lifeguards. Children are not allowed to sit on the ledge in the shallow end during this time either.
- Pool will not close for parties, (e.g. birthday parties, private parties) that are during normal pool hours. It can however be closed for a Collington Community function.
- No one is allowed in the pool area after hours with exception of private parties who have received prior permission or rented the pool after hours.
- Trespassing or vandalism on pool property will result in suspension of pool privileges and possible criminal prosecution.
- The swim lane is for lap swimming only. If a resident wishes to swim laps they can ask a lifeguard at any time to clear the lane for them.
- The Association has the right to refuse admittance and suspend privileges of persons failing to comply with any rules for an indefinite term depending on the action of the individual. The procedure for discipline is as follows:
– 1st offense- Give verbal warning
– 2nd offense- Expel offender from pool for the remainder of the day
– **REPEAT OFFENDERS OF POOL RULES COULD LOSE THEIR POOL PRIVLAGE**
- The Association has the right to amend these rules and policies without notice